asparagus! stalking the american life
(6 minute trailer)
For 30 years, Oceana County Michigan has been the Asparagus Capital of the World. Now its spear-struck residents and family farms take on the U.S. War on Drugs, Free Trade and a Fast Food Nation, all to save their beloved roots.
"Oddly Brilliant!" - New York Magazine
Own The Award-Winning Film on DVD!
NTSC • 53 minutes
Bonus Features include
• Extra Scenes & Interviews
• Tips & Recipes
• plus Amazing Asparagus Facts!
$19.99 each (reg. $24.99)
* St. Mark's Bookshop on 3rd Avenue and 9th Street in New York City
* As The Page Turns Bookstore & Gallery on N. Center Street in Northville, MI
* Food Dance Cafe on East Michigan Avenue in Kalamazoo, MI
* Art of the Table on Wealthy Street in Grand Rapids, MI
"A Charmer!" - Kansas City Star
Interested in hosting a screening? Questions? Please contact us via email
FOR YOUR FAVORITE FOODIE...
We still have a few of our famous
"I Love Asparagus" t-shirts available for sale!
email us to see if we have your size!
T-Shirts are $20.00 each
100% cotton and MADE IN THE USA
"This subtle but powerful film unveils intricate connections
among community identity, family farming, national politics
and international trade, while at the same time revealing the
aplomb and good cheer of these indomitable, spear-struck
Michiganders" - Full Frame Documentary Film Festival